Camp Kirkwood

Pool

On August 30th we boarded the buses and headed to Camp Kirkwood and the ride we watched The Zookeeper. It was really good. When we arrived it was pouring rain but luckily we had lunch just after we got comfortable in our cabins. We ate lunch quickly because we had a long day ahead of us. My group did the low ropes course, board balance, kanga jump, and pool time with our instructor Matt. Afterwards, we took showers, ate dinner which was spaghetti, garlic bread, and meat sauce, and spent time in our cabins then we watched a movie at 8:00 to 9:30. Then Lights Out.

First Activity

August 31st Hurricane Idalia hit with a bunch of rain. My cabin, cabin 3, almost flooded in the back since we were right by the lake  . We had more pool time and did a bunch of other activities like orienteering and forest ecology and the V swing. Matt taught us a new game during the teamwork activities and I won in a game called taps!  For lunch we had hot dogs with beans and chili. We did a night hike and had s’mores.

On September 1st my group did canoeing first with group 3. It was wet and there were spiders but it was really fun. Our second activity was the zip line. Everyone had a lot of fun. Then we went to the Gaga pit and we met a pig named Bubbles. Then we headed back to eat lunch, pack up and off we went back to Durham Academy. Overall I think the trip to camp Kirkwood was fun and its was better than I thought it would be.

2 Comments on Camp Kirkwood

1. 30venial
    October 6, 2023 at 12:52 pm (7 months ago)

This sounded like you had a lot if fun!

Reply
  2. 30emmaa
    November 16, 2023 at 1:58 pm (6 months ago)

I love the detail!!!

Reply